7 Traditional Events, Age Group Awards for Athletes over 40 years of age
Hosted by Scottish Masters Athletics International, NFP
Registered athletes will be ranked during January 2020 and the top qualifiers placed on the Start List or Standby List during February 2020.
Critical Planning Dates
- Athlete Application Begins;
- Primary Start List and Standby List posted;
- Non-Refundable Deadline (last chance to withdraw and recieve a refund);
- Confirm Athlete Entry for Final Start List;
- Final Start List posted on ScottishMasters.org website
Tentative Event Schedule
- June 4, 2020 Thursday - 9:00 AM
- Kilted Golf, Meet & Greet, Weighins
- June 5, 2020 Friday - 9:00 AM
- Competition for age groups 60+
- June 6, 2020 Saturday - 9:00 AM
- Competition for age groups 50-59
- June 7, 2020 Sunday - 9:00 AM
- Competition for age groups 40-49
QUALIFYING DISTANCES - View qualifying distances here
Entries must qualify by demonstrating throwing performances in comparison with these age group based Qualifying Distances.
Entries must meet or exceed the appropriate Heavy OR Light weight in each these 3 throws.
(Men's and Women's weights in pounds)
- SCOTS HAMMER THROW
Heavy or Light - 22lb, or 16lb, or 12lb
- WEIGHT FOR DISTANCE THROWS
Heavy or Light - 42lb, 28lb, 21lb, or 14lb
- STONE THROW
Heavy or Light - 22lb, 16lb, 13lb, or 9lb
Previous Scottish Masters Athletics Champions and all athletes over 65 years of age are excluded from this qualifying criteria.
Recently means within the last year or throwing season (2019).
The Gleneagle Hotel & Apartments
Address: Muckross Road, Killarney Ireland
Phone: +353 064 66 36000
Room Types & Rates: 4 nights (Thursday - Sunday inclusive)
- 549.00 for twin or double room B&B
- 509.00 for single room B&B
- 709.00 for triple room (3 beds) B&B
- 650.00 for 2BR apartment (add 15.00 per night for breakfast, if required)
- all prices in euros
Booking Code: MWC2020