8 Traditional Events, Age Group Awards for Athletes over 40 years of age
Hosted by the Stuttgart Highland Games Württembergischer Rasenkraftsport- und Tauziehverband e. v.
Registered athletes will be ranked during June and the top qualifiers placed on the Start List or Standby List during July.
Critical Planning Dates
- Athlete Application Begins;
- Primary Start List and Standby List posted;
- Non-Refundable Deadline (last chance to withdraw and recieve a refund);
- Confirm Athlete Entry for Final Start List;
- Final Start List posted on ScottishMasters.org website
Tentative Event Schedule
- November 1, 2018 Friday - 6:00 PM
- Meet & Greet & Weighins
- November 2, 2019 Saturday - 9:00 AM
- Competition Day 1
- November 3, 2019 Sunday - 9:00 AM
- Competition Day 2
Entries must qualify by demonstrating throwing performances in comparison with these age group based Qualifying Distances. View qualifying distances here
Entries must meet or exceed the appropriate Heavy OR Light weight in each these 3 throws.
(Men's and Women's weights in pounds)
- SCOTS HAMMER THROW
Heavy or Light - 22lb, or 16lb, or 12lb
- WEIGHT FOR DISTANCE THROWS
Heavy or Light - 42lb, 28lb, 21lb, or 14lb
- STONE THROW
Heavy or Light - 22lb, 16lb, 13lb, or 9lb
Previous Scottish Masters Athletics Champions and all athletes over 65 years of age are excluded from this qualifying criteria.
Recently means within the last year or throwing season (2018-2019).
Hampton Inn and Suites
Shereton Tucson Hotel & Suites